Hello there! I’m honored that you are considering me to review your novel!
I am currently OPEN to review requests. All requests that make it clear that you have NOT read my review policy/list of acceptable review requests will be deleted. My time is important to me, as I’m sure yours is to you, so I’m appreciative when you take the 5 seconds to read my policy. I just don’t have the time to respond when you do not.
Things I Am NOT Accepting:
– self published novels (also, very small presses I’ve never heard of): If your novel falls under that category, please do not send me a review request as I’m not accepting them for review. I’m all about indie presses and the freedom in self publishing but, at the current moment, I can’t be the person who reads through the slew of requests I get from self published authors to find the gems!
Genres I Read
I recommend getting a feel for what I read by taking a look at my review archive. I do read quite a variety of things but these are the genres I typically read.
– contemporary/realistic YA
– dystopian YA
– YA science fiction (very picky about this)
– YA mystery
– YA fantasy
– YA historical fiction
– literary fiction
– Memoirs (very Picky!)
– romance (very picky!)
What Forms I Will Accept
– physical copy (ARC or hardcover)
– digital copies (I have a Kindle)
Rating System: Stars
5 stars: Amazing.
4 stars: Really liked it.
3 stars: Liked it.
2 stars: It was okay.
1 star: Did not like it.
What Should You Include In Your Review Request To Make It Easier For Both Of Us
– the summary
– the release date
– any relevant information (especially anything that shows why this would be a good fit for me based on what you see on my blog)
– If you have a time frame for when you expect the review to be posted, please let me know that as that will greatly influence my decision and I will have to see if we can commit to that timeline.
What Happens If I Accept Your Book For Review?
Before sending me a review request please understand that by accepting or receiving a book, I do not guarantee that it will be read immediately or posted on the blog immediately. I will try my very best to read and review in a timely manner but it’s not always guaraneteed.
If the book is an ARC, I will try and publish the review on or around the release date and not before..
I also reserve the right to NOT post a review of your book should I not feel comfortable doing so.
I do try to post my reviews also on Instagram, but sometimes I DO get behind on doing that.
What happens if I didn’t enjoy your book?
All of my reviews will be my honest opinion and it is quite possibly that I won’t enjoy your book and my review will be clear of that. Please understand that I will not write a glowing review just because you sent me the book. If you are not okay with the fact that a negative review could be written, I might not be a good fit to send a review request to. I spend time reading a book and I feel like I reserve the right to talk about that experience — even if it is negative. By sending a review request to me, you are acknowledging that a review may be negative, albeit respectful, and I would appreciate that your response to my review be gracious and not attacking.
In addition to reviews, what else are you open to?
– author interviews: typically I only interview authors that I’m familiar with.
– giveaways: I will only post a giveaway of a book I have read or am anticipating to read!
– exclusive cover reveals: With this, it has to be for an author I’ve read or a book I’m excited about. I say exclusive because I do not want to be one of 100 bloggers revealing on the same day
– guest blogging: I am interested in guesting blogging on other blogs and I will accept guest bloggers with topics I am interested to and that are relevant to my site.
I am NOT open to:
– promo blitzes
– cover reveals that aren’t exclusive
– anything spammy
– posting about your book when I have not read it
– guest blogging that is not relevant to my site.
Where should I contact you with my review request?
contact (at) readingwithrebecca (dot) com
If you have followed my guidelines and your book falls under my things I’m requesting and you have NOT heard from me, I apologize but sometimes I’m not apply to respond to every request. I really do try though as I’m very honoured you want me to read YOUR book!
Thank you for considering me to read/review your book!!